ATM, a Geosyntec company, conducted numerous coastal and marina-related studies for a state-of-the-art megayacht marina and marina village as part of the Christophe Harbour Resort.
The completed Christophe Harbour Resort features a state-of-the-art megayacht marina capable of accommodating vessels up to 300 feet in length, a Mediterranean-inspired marina village, several 5-star hotels, various upscale residential products, as well as a Fazio signature golf course.
We performed numerous coastal and marina-related studies and championed the development of the one-of-a-kind marina from initial feasibility investigations through construction of the first phase, which includes 24 slips specially designed for vessels 150’ and greater. Our specific services related to the marina development included preliminary feasibility and market studies, marina planning, fixed pier design, bulkhead design, dredging design, construction documents, project bidding, contract negotiations, and construction administration. The marina design required several numeric modeling tasks to determine appropriate flood elevations, size and orientation of entrance jetties, and evaluation of harbor and lagoon water quality.
The project consisted of approximately 180 acres of reclaimed/improved land, a marina harbor featuring more than 200 dedicated slips, over 3,500 linear feet of side-tie berthing, and over 3,700 linear feet of vertical bulkhead. The harbor and lagoon shoreline plans included sloped rock revetment and littoral shelves planted with native, salt-tolerant vegetation as well as two large rock jetties with armor units of up to 25 tons.
- Location: St. Kitts, West Indies
- Client: Christophe Harbour Development Company, Limited
- Project Practice Areas: Coastal & Waterfront
- Type of Facility: marina
- Services Provided: marina feasibility, planning, and design; coastal engineering; water quality modeling; flood assessment; marine earthwork planning; bulkhead design; entrance channel jetty design; construction documents; construction phase services
- Type of Work: coastal engineering, design, construction services