As part of a multidisciplinary team, ATM, a Geosyntec company, provided waterfront planning, engineering, design, and construction administration services for the redevelopment of a municipal seaplane base and marina.
Located on the Harris Chain of Lakes in Tavares, Florida, the existing seaplane base and marina were destroyed during the 2016 hurricanes. ATM performed waterfront facility planning, wind/wave/surge estimates, dock and marina utilities plans and specifications preparation, and construction administration and engineering review.
Seaplanes require special design considerations:
- Location: Tavares, FL
- Client: City of Tavares, FL
- Project Practice Areas: Coastal & Waterfront
- Type of Facility: municipal seaplane base and marina
- Services Provided: Waterfront facility planning; waterfront engineering; wind/wave/surge estimates; floating dock and marina utilities design; plans and specifications; construction administration; basin flushing analysis and modeling
- Type of Work: waterfront planning, design, and construction