Terumo BCT, a manufacturer of blood collection and processing equipment and supplies, needed to be ISO 14001 and 45001 certified in order to maintain a key customer contract.
Geosyntec was retained to work with the corporate and Lakewood, Colorado facility teams to ready the organization for ISO certification audits.
Geosyntec’s Scope of Services
Geosyntec’s scope of services to Terumo BCT included:
- Conducting a Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Management System (MS) review with the Terumo BCT
- Lakewood, Colorado EHS team and assist with implementation of an EHS MS that conforms to the ISO Standards;
- Conducting an internal EHS MS audit to the ISO Standards;
- Conducting an evaluation of EHS compliance at the Lakewood facility and assist in establishing a risk-based schedule for future compliance evaluations;
- Assisting with employee training, internal engagement;
- Preparing for the internal and third-party audits; and
- Attending the internal and third-party audits in support of the team.
Geosyntec was able to quickly understand Terumo BCT’s existing processes and identify ways to capitalize on those to quickly close gaps in its EHS MS to conform to the ISO Standards.
Quick QualNo pages found in your document. What is a Quick Qual?
- Location: Lakewood, CO
- Client: Terumo BCT
- Project Practice Areas: Environmental Management
- Type of Facility: Manufacturing
- Services Provided: EHS MS gap assessment, EHS MS consulting services, EHS MS internal audit, EHS compliance evaluation
- Type of Work: Consulting, Compliance evaluation
- Governing Regulation: Federal and Local