Michael Nelson is a Principal Engineer based in Colorado with more than 24 years of professional experience focused on the areas of: geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering; mine tailings storage facility and heap leach; mine remediation and reclamation; dams and levees; dam safety inspection; solid, hazardous, and low-level radioactive waste disposal facility, landslide mitigation and earth retaining structures; and construction quality assurance oversight.
Career Summary of Michael E. Nelson, P.E.
- Specialties: Mine Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) and Heap Leach; Dams, Levees, and Subsurface Hydraulic Barriers; Solid, Industrial, Hazardous, and Radiological Waste Disposal Facility; Earth-Retaining Structures and Excavation Support; Geohazard Evaluation and Mitigation; Hydraulic Engineering
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Water and Natural Resources, Civil Sites, Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Facility Hazards
- Disciplines: Geoenvironmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Hydrology
- Education: M.S., Geotechnical Engineering, University of Colorado, 2007; B.S., Civil Engineering, Colorado State University, 1999
- Registration: Colorado PE -(PE-39365); Wyoming PE - (12677); Utah (8034996-2202) ; New Mexico (24482) ; Montana (PEL-PE-LIC-66119)