John Hollar is a Principal Civil and Environmental Engineer based in Georgia with more than 25 years of experience advising a variety of industrial, power, and government clients in the development of a broad spectrum of environmental, health and safety, and sustainability (EHSS) programs.
Career Summary of John Hollar, P.E.
- Specialties: EHS Compliance Programs and Auditing; Due Diligence and Liability Evaluation; Redevelopment and Brownfield Consultation; Site Selection and Major Capital Project Permitting
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Environmental Management, Water Management, Air Quality Management and Air Pollution Control, Waste Management
- Disciplines: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering
- Education: B.S., Civil Engineering, Northeastern University, 1991; Institute for Georgia Environmental Leadership (IGEL), Georgia State University Center for Ethics and Corporate Responsibility, 2012
- Registration: Georgia Professional Engineer (PE) Number 23325; Licensed to practice in Alabama, North Carolina and South Carolina
- Filter Text People: John Hollar is a Principal Civil and Environmental Engineer based in Georgia with more than 25 years of experience advising a variety of industrial, power, and government clients in the development of a broad spectrum of environmental, health and safety, and sustainability (EHSS) programs. A leader in the environmental consulting and engineering industry, John has experience in North America and globally with multi-national organizations supporting due diligence and environmental liability evaluation, brownfields, post-merger integration of EHS programs, compliance solutions and operational excellence, capital project delivery, and a wide range of EHSS and regulatory compliance programs. Examples of John's practice experience include serving as: Program Manager leading capital project permitting with multiple major capital projects involving complex environmental siting, modelling, permitting, and compliance programs; directed many EHS audit programs for industrial clients globally leading to improved EHS performance; lead many multi-site portfolio environmental due diligence programs; program manager for design and construction of industrial wastewater pretreatment systems; and helped many of his clients build world class EHS management systems. John finds responsiveness and adapting to client needs are the most critical factors in achieving success with the firm's clients. He has substantial personnel management, broad technical and project management experience, project execution, and account management experience. He has been consistently charged with challenging assignments and projects from the clients he has served. His problem solving skills, management and personnel experience, and adaptable leadership style are key assets in supporting and driving EHSS programs leading to improved operational results for his clients and the organizations he has served.