Jason Paul is a Principal Geologist based in California with more than 30 years of experience focused on soil, soil vapor and groundwater investigation and remediation for sites in the agribusniness, government, utilities, manufacturing, oil and gas, and real estate, and solid and hazardous waste management markets in California.
Jason has an extensive history in managing staff and technical teams in all aspects of LNAPL and DNAPL contaminated sites as well as strategies for assessing and remediating agricultural chemical and metal impacted sites for compliance with State of California (Regional Water Quality Control Board and California Department of Toxic Substances) agencies. His project work has included:
- Assessment of soil vapor and groundwater impacts/development of remediation strategies including characterization and assessment of groundwater and soil vapor in ambient, indoor air, and sub-slab environments for dry cleaners
- Investigation of a pole-treatment and PCB-transformer repair facility; remediation of poly-cyclic aromatic hydrocarbons at the former power-pole-treatment facility with dual-agency oversight
- Assessment of MTBE in a fractured-granitic rock environment which involved use of complex down-hole geophysics and field experimentation with low-flow spinner log technology.
- Assessment of petroleum hydrocarbon, metal and chlorinated solvent assessment and remedial design
- Investigation, risk assessment and development of remedial alternatives at a former coke manufacturing plant with regard to potential impacts to adjacent potable surface water conveyance facilities
- Cleanup projects for metals and organochlorine pesticides as well as evaluation of naturally occurring asbestos
- Management of large multi-section investigations of oil leases, and linear due-diligence assessment for property transactions, regional mixed-use developments and utility alignments
To advance the state of the practice, Jason has served on the Civil Engineering Advisory Board at California State University Fresno, served in various leadership capacities with the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) and the American Public Works Association including his current position on the Legislative Advocacy Committee. He currently chairs the Associates Board of the San Joaquin Chapter, Western State Petroleum Association, serves as a Trustee for the ACEC California Health Insurance Trust, and is a Trustee for the Central Unified School District in Fresno, California.