Glenn Rix is a Senior Principal Geotechnical Engineer based in Georgia with more than 30 years of experience focused on the areas of geotechnical earthquake engineering and engineering seismology. His practice includes seismic hazard and risk assessment and mitigation for civil infrastructure.
Career Summary of Glenn Rix, Ph.D., P.E.
- Specialties: Geotechnical and Geostructural Engineering; Earthquake Engineering; Seismic Hazard Evaluation/Ground Motion Studies; Seismic Risk Quantification and Management; Soil/Structure Interaction Studies; Levees, Dams, and Subsurface Hydraulic Barriers; Soft and Liquefiable Ground Improvement
- Practice Areas: Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Waste Management, Facility Hazards
- Disciplines: Civil Engineering, Geoenvironmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering
- Education: Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1988; M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1984; B.S., Civil Engineering, Purdue University, 1982
- Registration: Professional Engineer, Georgia No. PE040976