Alex Mckenzie-Johnson to Speak at Webinar on Pipelines Geohazards for Clarion Technical Conferences
Alex Mckenzie-Johnson, PG, (Texas) will speak at the webinar “Managing Geohazards for Pipeline Integrity” for the Clarion Technical Conferences on August 30 and 31, 2023.
Alex’s co-presenter is Rhett Dotson from D2 Integrity, LLC.
Alex is a Senior Principal Engineering Geologist with more than 17 years of experience focused on assessing and managing geohazards for oil and gas clients.
The threat from geohazards has received increasing attention among operators and regulators over the past decade. Several notable failures have received public attention, and PHMSA has stated their intent to focus on geohazards, releasing two bulletins specifically addressing them since 2019. Many operators are challenged with how to manage geohazards, and the lack of clear requirements can make it difficult to know where to begin. This course will cover the information necessary for operators to understand and begin addressing geohazards.
By the end of the course, attendees will be able to answer the following questions:
- How do geohazards cause pipeline failures?
- What are the elements of a geohazard management program?
- What tools are available to manage geohazard threats?
- How can geological and ILI-based assessments be used in a geohazard program?
- When are in situ investigations necessary?
- What are the key factors to consider when choosing monitoring, preemptive mitigation, or post-event remediation?
Register for the event: Managing Geohazards for Pipeline Integrity (clarion.org)
Learn more about Alex: Alexander McKenzie-Johnson (geosyntec.com)