2023 Remediation Innovative Technology Seminar (RITS) hosted by NAVFAC EXWC
2023 RITS Presentations:
- Best Practices and Risk Management Options for Metal-Impacted Sites – Ryan Fimmen
- Horizontal Directional Drilling and Horizontal Wells to Enhance Remediation at Complex Sites – Kyle Carlton
- Innovations in Munitions Response Investigations – Steve Saville
- Using Surface-Area Weighted Average Concentrations (SWACs) to Optimize Sediment and Soil Remedies – Patty White
- Comparison of Vapor Intrusion Screening and Mitigation Technologies – Travis Lewis and Rebecca Cardoso
- Best Practices for Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Sampling and Data Interpretation – Ramona Iery, John Kornuc, and Nicolette Andrzejczyk
Joint Venture RITS Speaker Bios:
The Geosyntec-Jacobs Joint Venture is supporting the 2023 RITS through NAVFAC EXWC’s Environmental Science and Engineering Contract (ESEC).
Ryan Fimmen is a Principal Scientist with more than 12 years of experience in the remediation of soils, sediments, and groundwater and in contaminant fate and transformation.
Kyle Carlton is a Project Geologist with more than 16 years of experience focused on the assessment and remediation of commercial and industrial sites.
Steve Saville is an Environmental Geologist and Munitions Response Geophysicist at Jacobs with more than 20 years of experience focusing on geophysical and hydrological projects for Department of Defense and commercial clients.
Patricia White is a Principal Technologist at Jacobs with more than 18 years of experience focusing on sediment management and remediation.
For more information about the RITS, please visit NAVFAC EXWC’s website: https://exwc.navfac.navy.mil/Products-and-Services/Environmental-Security/NAVFAC-Environmental-Restoration-and-BRAC/Training/rits/