Amanda McNally and Ron Arcuri to Present on Environmental Due Diligence Overview and Navigating the ESG Roadmap at the ACBA CLE
Amanda McNally, P.E. and Ron Arcuri, P.G. (Pennsylvania) will present "Environmental Due Diligence Overview" at the Allegheny County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education program: Environmental Due Diligence Overview and Navigating the ESG Roadmap at the Koppers Building E.P. Mellon Room in Pittsburgh, PA at 12 p.m. on October 13, 2022.
Amanda is discussing "Navigating the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Roadmap," and Ron covers the "Environmental Due Diligence Overview."
Amanda McNally is an engineer and project manager based in Pennsylvania with twelve years of experience in environmental compliance, investigation, and remediation of contaminated sites, including fuel-related hydrocarbons, chlorinated solvents, and military munitions in various market sectors, including manufacturing, transportation, oil and gas, and the United States federal government.
Ron Arcuri is Senior Consultant based in Pennsylvania with more than 20 years of experience providing innovative, cost-effective solutions to meet client business objectives, who has led project teams on six continents to assist clients in the oil and gas, manufacturing, chemical, pharmaceutical, rail transport, government, and power generation sectors.
Founded in 1870, the Allegheny County Bar Association is the professional trade association of attorneys, judges, paralegals and legal administrators with offices primarily located in Allegheny County and surrounding counties. With more than 5,000 members, the ACBA offers continuing legal education seminars, membership benefits and services, networking opportunities and meeting space for more than 70 Committees, Divisions and Sections that address issues impacting the legal profession.
AbstractNavigating the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Roadmap: Investors and consumers increasingly demand companies improve their operations as measured by ESG standards. Additionally, the evolving regulatory landscape presents new challenges and opportunities for companies in clean energy and decarbonatization.
This presentation will offer an overview of ESG due diligence and risk management, as well as take a look at energy transition, GHGH inventory and carbon management. The program also will discuss alignment to ESG standards and frameworks for benchmarking performance, managing risk, measuring KPIs and transparent disclosures, including:
- Global ESG Benchmark for Real Assets (GRESB)
- Taskforce for Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) (applicable in the European Union)
- Review of future changes to Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) climate change disclosure requirements
Environmental Due Diligence Overview: Geosyntec will provide a non-technical description of common environmental due diligence (EDD) practices, including those related to both environmental contamination and compliance with environmental permits and regulations. The presentation will include discussion on:
- Common sources of environmental contamination and liability
- Common types of EDD assessments to identify potential liability
- Desktop EDD vs. Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA)
- CERCLA's "All Appropriate Inquiries (AAI)" regulation and the value to property buyers and sellers
- ASTM Standards for ESAs to meet AAI requirements
- Environmental compliance assessments – Practical approaches and red flags
- The value of conducting EDD assessments for property buyers and sellers
- The value of conducting EDD on lease transactions
About the event: Event Info (acba.org)
Learn more about Amanda Mcnally: Amanda McNally, P.E. | LinkedIn
Learn more about Ron Arcuri: Ron Arcuri (geosyntec.com)