Mark Johnson Joins Panel on Interplay of Due Diligence Ethical Issues Between Environmental Engineers and Lawyers at the New York State Bar Association Meeting
Mark Johnson (Maryland) will join a panel discussion on "Evolving Ethics Issue – Interplay of Due Diligence Ethical Issues Between Environmental Engineers and Lawyers" at the New York State Bar Association Meeting in the New York Hilton Midtown from 11:40 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on January 18, 2019.
Mark is a Principal Engineer based in Maryland with more than 20 years of experience focused on earth site investigation and remediation, groundwater assessment and remediation, subsurface vapor intrusion to indoor air, environmental management assessment and systems, and brownfields redevelopment planning and design.
Since 1876, the New York State Bar Association has shaped the development of the law, educated and informed the profession and the public, and responded to the demands of a changing society. Today, the New York State Bar Association is the largest voluntary state bar organization in the nation. The Association's tens of thousands of members, representing every town, city and county in the state, as well as thousands of lawyers around the nation and throughout the world.
Title: Evolving Ethics Issue – Interplay of Due Diligence Ethical Issues Between Environmental
Engineers and Lawyers
- Panel Discussion on Three Ethical Case Studies
- Petroleum spill reporting – who is responsible and what are the attorney's and engineer's ethical obligations under their respective Code of Ethics.
- Attorney and environmental engineer ethics in relation to PFAS compounds in standard environmental due diligence.
- Ethical disclosure of prior malpractice by attorney and engineer in relation to a prior Phase I or Phase II Due Diligence Investigation
Panel Chair: Linda R. Shaw, Esq., Knauf Shaw LLP, Rochester, NY
- Scott Salmon Senior Project Manager, PS&S, Warren, NJ
- Kevin Kleaka, PG Executive VP, Impact Environmental, Port Jefferson, NY
- Mark Johnson, Principal, Geosyntec Consultants, Columbia, MD
- Mimi S. Raygorodetsky, Associate, Langan Engineering, New York, NY
Learn more about the event: Annual Meeting 2019 PDF.
Learn more about the meeting: http://www.nysba.org/am2019brochure/.
Learn more about Mark at: https://www.geosyntec.com/people/mark-johnson