Rula Deeb and Jason Conder Present in PFAS Webinar for NEWMOA
Rula Deeb (California) and Jason Conder (California) participated in webinar hosted by the Northeast Waste Management Officials' Association (NEWMOA) and the Brown University Superfund Research Program to address frequently asked questions about per- and poly-fluorinated alkyl substances (PFAS) investigation and cleanup on September 21, 2016.
Co-presenters included Dr. Jennifer Field from Oregon State University and Dr. Christopher Higgins of Colorado School of Mines.
The webinar was attended more than 200 people and answered the following questions:
- What are per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)?
- What are aqueous film forming foams (AFFF?)
- What industrial sectors manufacture materials with PFAS?
- Which environmental media should be sampled?
- How do PFAS transport in the environment?
- What is the fate of PFAS in the environment?
- What remedial tools are available or effective for PFAS?
- What are the human exposure pathways and health effects?
- What are the current regulatory issues?
NEWMOA is an interstate association that has a membership composed of the hazardous waste, solid waste, waste site cleanup, and pollution prevention programs in the northeast states.
For more information regarding the webinar, visit: PFAS Webinar