MMI Jointly Chairs and Presents at IMechE CFD Modeling Event
Chris Robinson (England) represents MMI Engineering, a division of Geosyntec, while assisting in organizing and will jointly chair the upcoming one-day event "Multiphase CFD Modeling: State-of-the-art applications and challenges" at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (ImechE), London on May 19, 2016.
This one-day event will provide a crucial opportunity to hear how engineers can support the advancement of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) for multi-phase flows. The models dealing with multiphase flows are continuously evolving and the complexity of tackled problems has notably increased. The ImechE event will reflect on-going progress and developments in multiphase flow modeling, allowing delegates to remain up-to-date with current trends and the state-of-the-art technologies.
Darrell Egarr (United Kingdom) will present a case study during the event, entitled "Implementation of flocculation and break up models in CFD for particulate systems."
Other key topics that will be discussed are:
• Modeling and stimulation of multicomponent compressible flows
• Multiphase CFD modeling for safety and performance engineering
• Implementation of flocculation and break-up models in CFD for particulate systems
• Challenges of multiphase flow modeling in gas turbine engines
• Multiphase flow modeling with the Lattice Boltzmann method: An alternative CFD approach
For more information regarding the event, please visit: IMechE CFD Modeling Event