Geosyntec is a leading provider of environmental health and safety (EHS) and remediation consulting services to the multinational pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and consumer health industries in the United States and Europe. We know that strict compliance in these highly-regulated industries is essential for our clients to maintain excellent public relations and a reputation for social responsibility and environmental stewardship.
Geosyntec works with these industries to develop programs for ongoing operations, including the design of environmental management systems. Our practitioners, many with past experience as employees in the industry, are highly knowledgeable about manufacturing processes and can support a number of areas including process engineering, EHS program support and development, pollution control services, decommissioning of former or obsolete manufacturing facilities, and transactional due diligence services.
We also work with these companies on their legacy sites to optimize existing or underperforming environmental remediation systems. We develop and implement strategic assessment, remediation, and other compliance-related solutions for both operational facilities and closed properties, routinely managing the challenges associated with complex waste streams and constituents that are not typical of other manufacturing operations. In fact, Geosyntec led the industry in developing in situ remediation strategies to address sulfa drugs and barbiturates as significant contaminants of concern at sites with a broad mix of wastes affecting soil and groundwater. We also understand the growing challenge of Pharmaceuticals in the Environment (PiE) and their potential impact to our aquatic and land ecosystems.
Key skills and capabilities that we have successfully implemented for our pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and consumer health clients have been focused in these key practice areas:
- Process Water and Wastewater System Planning, Engineering and Design
- Environmental Management System Development and Implementation
- Industrial Wastewater Solutions & Water Sustainability
- Environmental Permitting and Compliance
- Occupational Health and Safety Services
- Air Emission Permitting and Compliance Evaluations
- Air Pollution Control Evaluations and Performance Assessments
- Contaminated Media Investigations and Assessments
- Facility Decontamination and Decommissioning
- Information and Data Management
- Capital Assets and Transaction Advisory
- Transactional Due Diligence
- Waste Management and Minimization Services