This course will provide a general background on the geotechnical design of port facilities.
The aspects covered include geotechnical explorations and the interpretation of geotechnical data, the estimate of seismic hazards, and the analysis and design of port facilities. In addition, the course will discuss ground improvement, geotechnical aspects of construction, and other topics. The course will include the criteria used for geotechnical design, the evaluation of extreme hazards, and the design of pile-supported structures, bulkheads, land reclamation, breakwaters, dolphins, ship channels, and embankment slopes. The course will provide the background for the geotechnical analysis and design of port facilities and prepare the student to understand the engineering required for the geotechnical design of port facilities.
- Geosyntec Authors: Jerko Kocijan
- All Authors: Jerko Kocijan, Geosyntec Consultants; Nason McCullough
- Title: Coasts, Oceans, Ports, and Rivers Institute (COPRI) and the COPRI Ports and Harbors Committee Certificate in Port Engineering Task Committee
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Geotechnical and Geological Analysis, Modeling, and Engineering
- Citation: Jerko Kocijan, Ph.D., P.E., GE, M.ASCE (California) will co-teach an American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) online continuation course entitled "Geotechnical Design of Port Facilities” sponsored by Coasts, Oceans, Ports, and Rivers Institute (COPRI) and the COPRI Ports and Harbors Committee Certificate in Port Engineering Task Committee on January 25 – April 16, 2021.
- Date: January 25 - April 16, 2021
- Location: Virtual Conference
- Publication Type: Platform Presentation