This presentation will provide an overview of reported estimates of different aspects of PFAS legal and environmental cleanup cost risk—including those associated with drinking water treatment, private-party litigation, site cleanup, and natural resource damage assessment.
It will also provide an overview of a novel framework for estimating the cost of treating PFAS in nationwide U.S. public drinking water sources and an assessment of trends in PFAS-related litigation.
- This information can be helpful to underwriters and claims adjusters with their pressing need to quantify PFAS-related liabilities.
- Geosyntec Authors: Michael Berman
- All Authors: Michael Berman, Geosyntec Consultants; Adena Edwards, Starr Adjustment Services and Matthew Schroeder, Esq., Akerman LLP.
- Title: The Environmental Risk & Litigation Conference (Virtual)
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)
- Citation: Michael Berman, P.E. (Washington D.C.) will present “The Cost of PFAS: Assessing Environmental and Legal Risk and Costs” at the Environmental Risk & Litigation Conference (Virtual) at 1:20 PM EST on October 22, 2020.
- Date: October 22, 2020
- Location: Virtual
- Publication Type: Platform Presentation