This guidance document is the result of a Joint Industry Project with sixteen pipeline operators.
It provides a summary of recommended and suggested processes and steps that pipeline operators can use to provide a consistent framework for proactively managing landslide hazards that can or may affect their pipeline systems. The management guidelines help operators to identify, characterize, mitigate, and monitor actual and potential landslide hazards as well as provide guidance to perform fitness for service (FFS) assessments of pipelines affected or potentially affected by landslide movement.
- Geosyntec Authors: Alexander McKenzie-Johnson, Ali Ebrahimi, Alexander Greene
- All Authors: Alexander McKenzie-Johnson, Ali Ebrahimi, Alexander Greene, Geosyntec Consultants; Bailey Theriault, Yong-Yi Wang, Dunji Yu, Don West, Martin Derby, Anthony Rice
- Title: The Interstate Natural Gas Association of America (INGAA) and a group of sponsors
- Event or Publication: Publication
- Practice Areas: Water and Natural Resources
- Citation: Alexander McKenzie-Johnson, P.G., L.G., L.E.G (Texas) coauthored a guidance document entitled "Guidelines for Management of Landslide Hazards for Pipelines" that was published for the Interstate Natural Gas Association of America (INGAA) and a group of sponsors on August 21, 2020.
- Date: August 21, 2020
- Publication Type: Technical Guidance