Broward County is addressing future resiliency by adopting a Countywide 100 year flood map that will be used for regulatory purposes to guide development and infrastructure design decisions.
The future flood map reflects integrated model projections of future sea level rise, rainfall depth increase, groundwater increases, and future development. This presentation will review the efforts to develop extreme future rainfall scenarios with the goal of reducing associated uncertainties in determining future rainfall using advance technical approaches.
- Geosyntec Authors: Mark Ellard
- All Authors: Mark Ellard, Geosyntec Consultants; John Loper, Taylor Engineering
- Title: Florida Stormwater Association's (FSA) 2020 Annual Conference
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Resilience and Adaptation
- Citation: Mark Ellard, P.E., CFM, D.WRE, ENV SP; and Mike Hardin, Ph.D., P.E., CFM (Florida) will deliver four presentations at the Florida Stormwater Association's (FSA) 2020 Annual Conference on July 15-17, 2020.
- Date: July 15-17, 2020
- Location: Virtual Conference
- Publication Type: Platform Presentation