Help us develop an effective public engagement campaign for a new Waste to Energy (WTE) facility in the U.S. In this crowdsourcing, problem-solving session – different in format from any other SWANApalooza session this year – you are the expert!
We're opening a new WTE facility in the U.S. and want to get it right. While there are 77 active WTE facilities in the U.S., only one new Greenfield project has been constructed for more than 20 years.
If you have any experience with public engagement campaigns for a project or facility of any type or size – good experience or bad – or just want to learn how to best engage the public and what not to do, join us. This session isn't a lecture; it's a working session in which you will be fully engaged throughout!
- Geosyntec Authors: Marc Rogoff
- All Authors: Marc Rogoff, Geosyntec Consultants; Mark Spafford, Solid Waste Service
- Title: 2020 SWANAPalooza Virtual Conference
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Solid, Industrial, and Hazardous Waste Disposal Facilities
- Citation: Marc Rogoff, Ph.D. (Florida) will present "Developing an Effective Public Engagement Campaign" at the 2020 SWANAPalooza Virtual Conference hosted by the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) from 2:45 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. on June 25, 2020.
- Date: June 25, 2020
- Location: Virtual Conference
- Publication Type: Platform Presentation