How are industrial businesses navigating the energy transition?
Each are on their own journey developing carbon reduction strategies to manage their risk, improve their carbon footprint, achieve sustainability objectives, and capitalize on opportunities that are emerging from a changing energy supply mix and pricing, new technologies and new incentives. This session will cover some of the most effective types of carbon reduction opportunities including: energy efficiency improvements, fuel switching, renewable energy, efficient use and recycle of materials, carbon capture and storage, and investment in carbon sequestration or natural resource solutions with examples of how these approaches have benefited the businesses of energy consumers, producers and distributors while improving the environment.
- Geosyntec Authors: Lynn McGuire
- All Authors: Lynn McGuire
- Title: The Hugo Neu Corporation Sustainability Seminar Series Online
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Energy Transition and Carbon Reduction
- Citation: Lynn McGuire, P.E. (California) will present "How Industrial Businesses are Charting a Course to Carbon Reduction Goals" as part of the Hugo Neu Corporation Sustainability Seminar Series online from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern on April 22, 2020.
- Date: April 22, 2020
- Location: Online
- Publication Type: Platform Presentation