Regarding the development of a Stormwater Master Planning Program that promotes use of a holistic approaches, multi-benefit projects, partnering with diverse stakeholders, and innovative solutions to help communities address urban flooding throughout Cook County.
Last year, the project team provided an overview of how the Program would be structured and the approach to solving urban flood problems, including basement backups and street flooding. This year the Combined Sewer Area team will provide an update on results of the first year; including data collection, program development, the development of Individual Study Profiles (pre-cursor to Stormwater Master Plans) for selected study areas; and a potential new direction for how the Program will evolve in the future.
- Geosyntec Authors: Gunilla Goulding
- All Authors: Gunilla Goulding, Geosyntec Consultants; Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- Title: Illinois Association for Floodplain and Stormwater Management (IAFSM)'s 2020 Annual Conference
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Urban Stormwater Management Planning and Design
- Citation: Geosyntec staff presented on Floodplain and Stormwater Management at the Illinois Association for Floodplain and Stormwater Management (IAFSM)'s 2020 Annual Conference in Tinley Park, Illinois on March 11-12, 2020.
- Date: March 11-12, 2020
- Location: Tinley Park, Illinois
- Publication Type: Platform Presentation