As part of the ASTM D35 committee's continued efforts to solicit feedback from end users of the standards and develop new standards and methods to meet the end user's needs, Geosyntec was invited to present on the use of relevant ASTM methods, what some benefits and short comings are, and how that relates to products the designer specifies and oversees the installation of in the field.
Mustafa Saadi presented to the D35 bi-annual meeting attendees a few case studies that Geosyntec dealt with the last few years related to geosynthetics testing. Topics presented and discussed included:
Determination of number of constrictions and other design criteria for geotextile filters
Variability in testing results of internal and interface shear strength of geosynthetic clay
Specifying and testing hydraulic transmissivity of drainage layers to better reflect field conditions
Evaluation of loss of asperity and shear strength in soft geomembranes due to field installation or movement effects
- Geosyntec Authors: Mustafa Saadi
- All Authors: Mustafa Saadi
- Title: D35 Geosynthetics Committee's bi-annual meeting
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Soil and Structure Interaction Studies
- Citation: Mustafa Saadi, Ph.D., P.E. (Georgia) presented case studies related to geosynthetics testing that Geosyntec has dealt with in the past few years at the D35 Geosynthetics Committee's bi-annual meeting in Atlanta, Georgia on February 5-7, 2020.
- Date: February 5-7, 2020
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Publication Type: Platform Presentation