The presentation will focus on the recently released guidance document "Guidance for Assessing the Ecological Risks of PFAS to Threatened and Endangered Species at Aqueous Film Forming Foam Impacted Sites" for SERDP, for which the presenters were key authors.
The document is available as a download from https://www.serdp-estcp.org/Program-Areas/Environmental-Restoration/ER18-1614 . This guidance provides pragmatic approaches for addressing PFAS ecological risks at AFFF-impacted sites but is also applicable to sites impacted by other PFAS sources. Although a focus of the guidance is on evaluating risks to threatened and endangered (T&E) species, the guidance is applicable to non-T&E species as well.
- Geosyntec Authors: Jason Conder, Jennifer Arblaster, Kristin Bridges
- All Authors: Jason Conder, Jennifer Arblaster, Kristin Bridges
- Title: 2020 Emerging Contaminants Summit
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)
- Citation: Jason Conder, Ph.D. (California), Jennifer Arblaster (Vermont), and Kristin Bridges, Ph.D. (Alaska) will be presenting a free workshop sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP) hosted in conjunction with the 2020 Emerging Contaminants Summit in Westminster, Colorado on March 9, 2020.
- Date: March 9, 2020
- Location: Westminster, Colorado
- Publication Type: Platform Presentation