Eric's presentation will describe Geosyntec's design and implementation of a Cupolex® aerated floor to mitigate methane buildup beneath newly constructed buildings at the Baker Park property located on a former landfill.
The Baker Park redevelopment project included landscape, hardscape, and civil improvements to a 15-acre property that had been historically used as a landfill for the disposal of horticultural debris and dredged spoil material. Improvements consisted of roadway extensions, parking lot expansion, drainage improvements, playgrounds, passive recreation, kayak launch, and many others. Eric and the team were primarily responsible for the geotechnical and landfill gas mitigation services to support the improvements to the park, also providing technical assistance in presentations to the City Council.
- Geosyntec Authors: Eric Sager
- All Authors: Eric Sager
- Title: Recycle Florida Today (RFT) and the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) Florida Sunshine Chapter 2020 Joint Summit
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Landfill Gas Collection and Management Systems
- Citation: Eric Sager, P.G. (Florida) and Eric Lovenduski, (New York) will present at the Recycle Florida Today (RFT) and the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) Florida Sunshine Chapter 2020 Joint Summit, taking place at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area in Lake Buena Vista, Florida on January 27, 2020.
- Date: January 27, 2020
- Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida
- Publication Type: Platform Presentation