SERDP and ESTCP have been addressing per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) in the environment since 2011.
Funded projects have focused on developing a better understanding of the occurrence, sampling and analysis, fate and transport, remedial treatment options, and ecotoxicity of PFAS at Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF) contaminated sites. This two-part session will highlight recent successful SERDP & ESTCP projects addressing associated with PFAS in the environment. In particular, it will provide a DoD perspective on the current state of the science and provide an overview of issues such as mixed contaminants, investigative derived waste removal (specifically an alternative to incineration), in situ remediation technologies that includes treatment trains and novel adsorbents, and source zone characterization.
- Geosyntec Authors: Jason Conder, David Major
- All Authors: Jason Conder, David Major
- Title: SERDP ESTCP Symposium 2019
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)
- Citation: Geosyntec will deliver three technical presentations and present 10 posters at the Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP) and the Environmental Security Technology Certification Program (ESTCP) Symposium 2019 in Washington D.C. on December 3-5, 2019.
- Date: December 3-5, 2019
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Publication Type: Platform Presentation