The requirements of the Federal Coal Combustion Residuals Rule are evolving and ambiguous.
This presentation will highlight the challenges and opportunities associated with the Groundwater Monitoring and Corrective Action part of the rule in its current status, and potential changes that should be taken into account for an effective compliance program. Participants will learn what ambiguities and opportunities exist in the current rule, how they affect remedy selection, how forensic tools might be used to avoid, or limit, the scope of groundwater corrective measures, and key issues that may arise during public involvement in the remedy selection process.
- Geosyntec Authors: Robert Glazier, Allison Kreinberg
- All Authors: Robert Glazier, Allison Kreinberg, Geosyntec Consultants; Carl Eldred, Hopping Green Sams
- Title: Air & Waste Management Association's (A&WMA) Webinar Series: Navigating the Changing Landscape of the Federal Coal Combustion Residuals Rule
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Groundwater Assessment and Remediation
- Citation: Robert Glazier, P.G. (Maryland) and Allison Kreinberg (Ohio) will present "The Federal Coal Combustion Residuals Rule: Implementing Groundwater Monitoring/Corrective Action Requirements" as part of the Air & Waste Management Association's (A&WMA) Webinar Series: Navigating the Changing Landscape of the Federal Coal Combustion Residuals Rule from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. E.T. on November 6, 2019.
- Date: November 6, 2019
- Publication Type: Platform Presentation