Jay will present a session entitled, "Environmental Forensics for Litigation Support and Environmental Strategy Development."
The use of environmental forensics involves the evaluation of analytical data in conjunction with a review of site ownership/operational history and evidence of contaminant release pathways to establish nexus and inform legal strategy. Applications of environmental forensics aim to understand the nature and extent of impacts at contaminated sites and can serve as integral tools for client liability valuation and cost allocation. Jay's talk will include case studies in which environmental forensics techniques were successfully applied to matters of PRP negotiation, cost allocation and active litigation.
- Geosyntec Authors: Jay Thompson
- All Authors: Jay Thompson
- Title: Air & Waste Management Association Upper Midwest Section's (A&WMA-UMS's) 34th Annual Conference on the Environment (COE)
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Environmental Forensic Studies
- Citation: Emily Anderson (Minnesota) and Jay Thompson, Ph.D., P.E. (Minnesota) will each present a technical session at the Air & Waste Management Association Upper Midwest Section's (A&WMA-UMS's) 34th Annual Conference on the Environment (COE) at the Minneapolis Convention Center Minnesota on November 7, 2019.
- Date: November 7, 2019
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Publication Type: Platform Presentation