Increasingly, industrial and municipal stormwater dischargers are facing Clean Water Act citizen suits, resulting in significant settlement costs that add to existing compliance and operation burdens.
Often such cases hinge on permit requirements to not "cause or contribute to exceedances of water quality standards" in the receiving water. This session will present case study examples and lessons learned and recommend preventative strategies to proactively reduce regulatory and legal risks.
- Geosyntec Authors: Brandon Steets
- All Authors: Brandon Steets, Geosyntec; Kim Bick, Bick Law; Yvonne West, California State Water Resources Control Board
- Title: California Lawyers Association Annual Meeting
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Urban Stormwater Management Planning and Design
- Citation: Brandon Steets, P.E. (California) will present "Stormwater Citizen Suit Liabilities in the Information Age" at the California Lawyers Association’s (CLA) Annual Meeting at the Monterey Conference Center in Monterey, California at 10 a.m. on October 12, 2019.
- Date: October 12, 2019
- Location: Monterey, California
- Publication Type: Platform Presentation