The presentation at the 51st Alaska Survey and Mapping Conference was entitled "Real-Time Use of Mobile-App Collected GPS Locations for a Remedial Investigation."
It focused on how and why GPS data were collected in the field. Over 2,700 locations were surveyed using both an EOS Arrow 100 GPS Bluetooth-connected to a custom iPad app and a traditional RTK GPS; the two datasets were compared and the accuracy of the EOS Arrow 100 GPS was presented. Both presentations were related to a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers-Alaska District Formerly Used Defense Sites (FUDS) project with Ahtna Engineering as our client. Dan Pankani developed the mobile app and Andrew Higgins developed a desktop app to support field data collection and RI data management.
- Geosyntec Authors: Olga Stewart
- All Authors: Olga Stewart
- Title: 51st Alaska Survey and Mapping Conference
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Sites
- Citation: Hilton Anchorage Hotel in Anchorage, Alaska on February 16, 2017
- Date: 2016
- Location: Anchorage, Alaska