Zita Yu (California) organized and will be a speaker at the Southern California Water Dialogue at the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California headquarters in Los Angeles, California at 12pm-1:30pm on March 23, 2016.
The dialogue is entitled "Onsite Non-Potable Water Use: Building Drought Resiliency from the Bottom Up." The speakers will discuss the use of onsite non-potable water (including graywater) to meet onsite non-potable demands, and will discuss success stories of onsite graywater recycling technology (National Sanitation Foundation (NFS) 350 certified systems) implemented in southern California. They will examine the policies, regulations, technology, and economics behind onsite non-potable water uses. An overview of Matrix 2.0 (the first comprehensive onsite non-potable water use guidelines in southern California) will be presented and discussed. Finally, the speakers will examine the relationship between onsite water use and the embedded carbon footprint of water at the onsite and municipal levels.
While El Nino has brought some relief to drought-plagued California, it is increasingly clear that the drought is not over. Onsite non-potable water reuse has captured attention as a promising new supply of water for irrigation, toilet flushing, laundry water, and other non-potable uses.
- Geosyntec Authors: Zita Yu
- All Authors: Zita Yu
- Title: Southern California Water Dialogue at the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Waste Management
- Citation: Metropolitan Water District of Southern California headquarters in Los Angeles, California at 12pm-1:30pm on March 23, 2016
- Date: 2016
- Location: Los Angeles, California