Steve Layman (Georgia) will participate in a panel for relicensing small hydropower projects at the National Hydropower Association (NHA) Annual Conference in Washington, D.C. on April 25, 2016.
His session (2B) is entitled "Relicensing: Emerging Trends and Effects on Small Hydro," and addresses emerging trends and challenges facing small hydropower owners. He will also share ideas and insights on best practices for preventing delays, minimizing costs, and risks to small hydropower operations. Between now and 2030, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) will receive applications for relicensing about 19,000 megawatts (MW) of hydropower capacity, much of it from small projects of ten MW or less).
- Geosyntec Authors: Steve Layman
- All Authors: Steve Layman
- Title: National Hydropower Association Conference
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Water and Natural Resources; Water Management
- Citation: Washington, D.C. on April 25, 2016
- Date: 2016
- Location: Washington, D.C.