Existing stormwater systems require significant investments to meet challenges imposed by climate change, rapid urbanization, and evolving regulations.
There is an unprecedented opportunity to improve urban water quality by equipping stormwater systems with low cost sensors and controllers. This will transform their operation from static to adaptive, permitting them to be instantly "redesigned" to respond to individual storms and evolving land uses.
- Geosyntec Authors: Aaron Poresky
- All Authors: Branko Kerkez, Cyndee Gruden, Matthew Lewis, Luis Montestruque∥, Marcus Quigley, Brandon Wong†, Alex Bedig, Ruben Kertesz∥, Tim Braun∥, Owen Cadwalader, Aaron Poresky, and Carrie Pak
- Title: Environmental Science & Technology Journal
- Event or Publication: Publication
- Practice Areas: Environmental Management, Water and Natural Resources, Water Management
- Citation: Environ. Sci. Technol., 2016, 50 (14), pp 7267–7273
- Date: 2016