His presentation is entitled "Analysis of fuel mass fraction dissipation rate transport in turbulent flame-droplet interaction: A Direct Numerical Simulation study" and it examines the modeling of the fuel mass fraction dissipation rate and its transport equation in the context of RANS simulations for the combustion of fuel sprays in a turbulent environment.
A database of Direct Numerical Simulations of turbulent spray flames have been analyzed and models have been developed that capture the qualitative and quantitative behavior of the unclosed terms in the fuel mass fraction dissipation rate transport equation for turbulent spray flames. The insights gained from the current study and the developed models can aide in the design of future generations of higher efficiency, lower emission combustion devices.
The conference will provide a venue for both academic and industrial researchers to meet and share recent developments in the field of atomization and spray systems. The modeling of the dissipation rate of the fuel mass fraction is often required for closure of the reaction rate in turbulent flames.
- Geosyntec Authors: Sean Malkeson
- All Authors: Sean Malkeson
- Title: 27th European Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Waste Management, Contaminated Sites, Environmental Management
- Citation: September 7, 2016
- Date: 2016
- Location: University of Brighton