Placement and ground water monitoring system design in sedimenary stratigraphic sequences.
Eliminating redundant monitoring wells. Optimizing well screen lengths and vertical well placement. Considering diffusion and dispersion for lateral well placement. Assessing vertical and lateral hydraulic gradients. Targeting laterally-continuous monitoring units and avoiding isolated sand lenses in fine-grained sequences. Recognizing the water table in low permeable formations Considerations for glacial, fluvial and gulf-coast sediments
- Geosyntec Authors: James Bannantine
- All Authors: Dan Kellehar, Dave Hart, Jim Bannantine
- Title: Designing and Optimizing Groundwater Monitoring Systems in Sedimentary Sequences
- Event or Publication: Midwest Geosciences Group Professional Webinar Series
- Practice Areas: Groundwater Assessment and Remediation
- Date: 2014