Estimates of mean annual watershed sediment discharge, derived from long-term measurements of suspended-sediment concentration and streamflow, often are not available at locations of interest. The goal of this study was to develop multivariate regression models to enable prediction of mean annual suspended-sediment discharge from available basin characteristics useful for most ungaged river locations in the eastern United States.
- Geosyntec Authors: David Roman
- All Authors: David Roman, Richard Vogel, Gregory E. Schwartz
- Title: Regional Regression Models of Watershed Suspended-Sediment Discharge for the Eastern United States
- Event or Publication: Journal of Hydrology
- Practice Areas: Watershed and Stormwater Management, Sediment Assessment and Remediation
- Date: 2012